WICKLOW MALE VOICE CHOIR
Wicklow Male Voice Choir has been in existence since 1998 . The choir draws its 52 strong membership mainly from Wicklow Town and environs .
Our repertoire consists of a wide range of music, including spiritual, popular, classical and Irish. Our esteemed Musical Director Mr. Bernard Geary has a lifetime involvement in Music production nationwide and has brought our choir to national success and international renown.
The Wicklow Male Voice Choir presents concerts in the Wicklow area, at venues throughout Ireland and occasionally overseas . The choir also takes part in choral competitions and performs concerts to raise funds for selected charities. We rehearse weekly from September to May .
Charities which have been supported in the past include the following:
- Irish Red Cross/Wicklow Mental Health
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Rotary Club Remembrance Tree Project Appeal
- Wicklow and District Lions Club / Wicklow Hospice
The choir offers a social outlet for all its members.
The choir represents the community in many events, such as ceremonies relating to the twinning programme.
The choir raises the profile and awareness of Wicklow by its participation in events both in Ireland and overseas.
Recent Highlights Include:
- Hosting of a joint performance with Coro Finlandia, a visiting Finnish Choir in October 2012
- Concert in Eichenzell, Germany as part of Wicklow Town Twinning initiative in November 2012