WICKLOW MALE VOICE CHOIR
Wicklow Male Voice Choir has been in existence since 1998 . The choir draws its 52 strong membership mainly from Wicklow Town and environs .
Our repertoire consists of a wide range of music, including spiritual, popular, classical and Irish. Our Musical Director Tony Norton has a lifetime involvement in international Opera production and has brought our choir to national success and international renown.
The Wicklow Male Voice Choir presents concerts in the Wicklow area, at venues throughout Ireland and occasionally overseas . The choir also takes part in choral competitions and performs concerts to raise funds for selected charities. We rehearse weekly from September to May .
Charities which have been supported in the past include the following:
- Irish Red Cross/Wicklow Mental Health
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Rotary Club Remembrance Tree Project Appeal
- Wicklow and District Lions Club / Wicklow Hospice
The choir offers a social outlet for all its members.
The choir represents the community in many events, such as ceremonies relating to the twinning programme.
The choir raises the profile and awareness of Wicklow by its participation in events both in Ireland and overseas.
Recent Highlights Include:
- Representing Wicklow Town in Montigny and performing in concert to help raise funds for a local french charity (April 2018)
- Participating in Sligo International Music Festival (November 2017)
- Participating in Castlebar International Music Festival – winners of 4 part Male Voice Choir competition (May 2017)
- Participation in Shannonside Music Festival (January 2017)